MEADOWS CLUB CODE OF CONDUCT
Mutual respect makes it possible for everyone to enjoy The Meadows Swim and Tennis club’s amenities and services. Members and staff shall treat each other with consideration, patience, respect, and civility to allow use, operation, and enjoyment of the Meadows Club in accordance with our Rules and Regulations as well as the club bylaws.
Meadows Swim and Tennis Club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all its members, ensuring a positive and enjoyable experience for all. The club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with the General Manager.
As a member of Meadows Swim and Tennis Club, you are expected to abide by the following Code of Conduct:
- All members must take responsibility in ensuring they are up to date with the Meadows Club Rules and Regulations and understand and adhere to them.
- Adult members are responsible for the conduct of their children and guests while they are using the facilities.
- All members must respect the rights, dignity, and worth of all participants regardless of age, gender, ability, race, cultural background, religious beliefs, or sexual identity.
- All members should be a positive role model and treat other members and guests with the same level of respect you would expect to be shown to you.
- Members are not allowed to smoke or consume drugs on club premises.
- The Meadows Club has a Zero Tolerance policy regarding the use, possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages by minors on club premises or while representing the Club elsewhere. Disciplinary action will be taken against minors who use, possess or consume alcohol, including, but not limited to, termination or suspension.
- Abuse, harassment or bullying of any sort will not be tolerated. “Abuse” and harassment” mean any physical or verbal mistreatment, including gestures, raising ones voice in an angry fashion, threats, intimidation, assault, slurs and cursing. Abusive, coarse, violent, harassing, or discriminatory language creating a hostile environment will not be tolerated under any circumstance. This includes, but is not limited to physical, sexual or verbal abuse. In addition, making or repeating false statements regarding any member or employee is strictly prohibited.
- Employees are discouraged from discussing their financial or personal affairs with members. All personnel and salary issues are confidential and should not be shared with members. Members in a club leadership position who are privy to such staff information should treat this information as confidential.
- Any financial information regarding Meadows members’ accounts, billings or other sensitive financial information is considered confidential and sharing or discussion of such matters by staff or other members is strictly prohibited.
- It should be emphasized that these rules apply to behavior by members in regards to their interaction with other members and staff, as well as staff’s interaction with members and other staff. Employees, members and their families should make every effort to apply these rules in a fair, dignified, and positive manner for the benefit of all.
- At the discretion of the club management and with the approval of the Board of Directors, anyone who violates these policies may be subject to disciplinary action, including, but not limited to, termination of club membership or suspension for a specified period of time.
- Nothing in this Code of Conduct should be interpreted as an attempt to stifle or dissuade members from taking positions in opposition to the Meadows’ policies or procedures; rather the intent is to ensure that such comments or dissent be voiced in a respectful manner.
- Please use respectful language and display similar conduct that you would expect others to give you. When in doubt, be nice.
RULES, POLICIES, & PROCEDURES
Please find full rules, policies, and procedures online.
BY-LAWS OF THE MEADOWS CLUB
Please find the most recent version of the by-laws ratified 3-21-2018 the Member Portal.